Pig, mail # user - Tuples in UDF and null

+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 00:58
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 18:10
+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 18:31
Re: Tuples in UDF and null
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 18:35
Thanks! Does "generate" skip over that? if I did b = for B generate $1 what
should be expected outcome of alias "b"

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Harsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohit,
>           it won't convert into string literal 'NULL' since its a tuple
> you'll see results like
> ('Hello',)
>
> --
> Harsha
>

> On Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>
> > Any help would be appreciated. I'll also write something shortly and see
> > what happens.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED](mailto:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED])>wrote:
>  >
> > > If I define and set tuple like this:
> > >
> > > Tuple t1 = mTupleFactory.newTuple(2);
> > > t1.set(0, "Hello");
> > > t1.set(1, NULL);
> > >
> > > and have schema like:
> > >
> > > b:bag{t:tuple(a:chararray, b:chararray)
> > >
> > > and then in the pig script if I do:
> > >
> > > page = foreach B generate b;
> > >

> > > What should be expected outcome? Would "generate" convert NULL into
> > > literal 'NULL' as a string? Or does it skip over that NULL.

+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 18:53
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 19:15