Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop and Hibernate

+
Geoffry Roberts 2012-02-28, 17:15
Re: Hadoop and Hibernate
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Geoffry Roberts
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I create an executable jar file that contains all dependencies required
> by the MR job do all said dependencies get distributed to all nodes?

You can make a single jar and that will be distributed to all of the
machines that run the task, but it is better in most cases to use the
distributed cache.

See http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0/mapred_tutorial.html#DistributedCache

> If I specify but one reducer, which node in the cluster will the reducer
> run on?

The scheduling is done by the JobTracker and it isn't possible to
control the location of the reducers.

-- Owen
+
Geoffry Roberts 2012-03-02, 17:42