MapReduce >> mail # user >> Set reducer capacity for a specific M/R job

+
Han JU 2013-04-30, 10:00
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-04-30, 10:26
Re: Set reducer capacity for a specific M/R job
Thanks.

In fact I don't want to set reducer or mapper numbers, they are fine.
I want to set the reduce slot capacity of my cluster when it executes my
specific job. Say I have 100 reduce tasks for this job, I want my cluster
to execute 4 of them in the same time, not 8 of them in the same time, only
for this specific job.
So I set mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum to 4 and submit the job.
This conf is well received by the job, but ignored by hadoop ..

Any idea why is this?

--
*JU Han*

Software Engineer Intern @ KXEN Inc.
UTC   -  Université de Technologie de Compiègne
*     **GI06 - Fouille de Données et Décisionnel*

+33 0619608888
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-04-30, 10:35
+