Hadoop >> mail # user >> Can we replace namenode machine with some other machine ?

RE: Can we replace namenode machine with some other machine ?

Well you could do RAID 1 which is just mirroring.
I don't think you need to do any raid 0 or raid 5 (striping) to get better performance.
Also if you're using a 1U box, you just need 2 SATA drives internal and then NFS mount a drive from your SN for your backup copy...