Flume >> mail # user >> Fwd: Flume-ng InstanceAlreadyExistsException

Fwd: Flume-ng InstanceAlreadyExistsException
Hi,

We have configured flume-ng in our environment & we dynamically update the
configuration. In our case, we will be having 20+ sinks & will increase as
we update the conf. The problem we are seeing in it is the following
exception is coming repeatedly for most of the configured sinks
05 Sep 2013 05:00:38,770 ERROR [lifecycleSupervisor-1-3]
(org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup.register:113)  -
Failed to register monitored counter group for type: SINK, name: serviceSink
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.flume.sink:type=serviceSink
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.Repository.addMBean(Repository.java:467)
 at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.internal_addObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1520)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerDynamicMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:986)
 at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:938)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:330)
 at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.registerMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:517)
at
org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup.register(MonitoredCounterGroup.java:108)
 at
org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup.start(MonitoredCounterGroup.java:88)
at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.start(HDFSEventSink.java:484)
 at
org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.start(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:46)
at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner.start(SinkRunner.java:79)
 at
org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor$MonitorRunnable.run(LifecycleSupervisor.java:251)
 at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
 at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)
 at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
What is the cause of this error?
Also, is there any limited number of sinks that should be configured with
one flume-ng instance. The reason for asking this particular question is
because of the heap size we configure in flume-ng.
--
_Deepesh