HBase, mail # dev - Weekend Reading : Table Locks

+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 02:47
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-02, 03:47
Re: Weekend Reading : Table Locks
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-03-02, 05:58
I read the zookeeper recipe page and then corelated your implementation
with that during this week. Anyway thanks for the doc too :)

Regards
Ram

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> bq. master operations acquiring locks for every region, and region splits
> acquiring the region lock for their region
>
> Can you elaborate how the above conclusion was drawn ? Looks like region
> split is not categorized as master operation.
> To my knowledge, region split requires coordination on master side.
>
> It would be nice if you can document how you tested this feature in the
> pdf.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If you are bored this weekend, you can take a look at the table locks
> doc,
> > that I attached at HBASE-7305.
> >
> > There has been a lot of confusion about the current status, design and
> > implementation, for which I take the blame.
> >
> > Hope these notes help to answer the questions. If not, leave a note here,
> > and I'll update the doc to incorporate the answer.
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12571721/HBaseTableLocks.pdf
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Enis

+