MapReduce >> mail # user >> Yarn HDFS and Yarn Exceptions when processing "larger" datasets.

Yarn HDFS and Yarn Exceptions when processing "larger" datasets.
Hi All

First let me excuse for the poor thread title but I have no idea how to
express the problem in one sentence.

I have implemented new Application Master with the use of Yarn. I am using
old Yarn development version. Revision 1437315, from 2013-01-23 (SNAPSHOT
3.0.0). I can not update to current trunk version, as prototype deadline is
soon, and I don't have time to include Yarn API changes.

Currently I execute experiments in pseudo-distributed mode, I use guava
version 14.0-rc1. I have a problem with Yarn's and HDFS Exceptions for
"larger" datasets. My AM works fine and I can execute it without a problem
for a debug dataset (1MB size). But when I increase the size of input to
6.8 MB, I am getting the following exceptions:

AM_Exceptions_Stack

Exception in thread "Thread-3"
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.impl.pb.YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.unwrapAndThrowException(YarnRemoteExceptionPBImpl.java:135)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.allocate(AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:77)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.AMRMClientImpl.allocate(AMRMClientImpl.java:194)
    at
org.tudelft.ludograph.app.AppMasterContainerRequester.sendContainerAskToRM(AppMasterContainerRequester.java:219)
    at
org.tudelft.ludograph.app.AppMasterContainerRequester.run(AppMasterContainerRequester.java:315)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.google.protobuf.ServiceException: java.io.IOException:
Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Response is null.; Host
Details : local host is: "linux-ljc5.site/127.0.0.1"; destination host is:
"0.0.0.0":8030;
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:212)
    at $Proxy10.allocate(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.client.AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.allocate(AMRMProtocolPBClientImpl.java:75)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception:
java.io.IOException: Response is null.; Host Details : local host is:
"linux-ljc5.site/127.0.0.1"; destination host is: "0.0.0.0":8030;
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:760)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:202)
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Response is null.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveRpcResponse(Client.java:950)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:844)

Container_Exception

Exception in thread "org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache@6da0d866"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.google.common.collect.LinkedListMultimap.values()Ljava/util/List;
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache.clear(SocketCache.java:257)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache.access$100(SocketCache.java:45)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.SocketCache$1.run(SocketCache.java:126)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
As I said this problem does not occur for the 1MB input. For the 6MB input
nothing is changed except the input dataset. Now a little bit of what am I
doing, to give you the context of the problem. My AM starts N (debug 4)
containers and each container reads its input data part. When this process
is finished I am exchanging parts of input between containers (exchanging
IDs of input structures, to provide means for communication between data
structures). During the process of exchanging IDs these exceptions occur. I
start Netty Server/Client on each container and I use ports 12000-12099 as
mean of communicating these IDs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any typos and if the
explanation is not clear just ask for any details you are interested in.
Currently it is after 2 AM I hope this will be a valid excuse.

regards
tmp