MapReduce >> mail # user >> DFS Permissions on Hadoop 2.x

Re: DFS Permissions on Hadoop 2.x
Prashant, can you provide more details about what you're doing when you see
this error?  Are you submitting a MapReduce job, running an HDFS shell
command, or doing some other action?  It's possible that we're also seeing
an interaction with some other change in 2.x that triggers a setPermission
call that wasn't there in 0.20.2.  I think the problem with the HDFS
setPermission API is present in both 0.20.2 and 2.x, but if the code in
0.20.2 never triggered a setPermission call for your usage, then you
wouldn't have seen the problem.

I'd like to gather these details for submitting a new bug report to HDFS.
 Thanks!

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/