Flume >> mail # user >> File Channel  performance and fsync

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-10-22, 11:48
+
Denny Ye 2012-10-22, 13:38
+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-10-23, 06:31
+
Juhani Connolly 2012-10-23, 07:08
+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-10-22, 13:18
+
Brock Noland 2012-10-22, 13:59
+
Brock Noland 2012-10-22, 14:29
+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-10-23, 06:40
Re: File Channel performance and fsync
I missed this initially due to filters putting the ML cced enter in a
different folder...

Anyway, you didn't post your first tiers conf, can you post that? Is
that also using a file channel? Regardless, what is important at the
second tier is that the batch size that arrives at your collector node
is *not* the batch size from your first tiers source, it is the batch
size designated at your first tiers avro-sink(the avro-sink decides how
many messages to pull from the channel and then dumps them to the source
on the next tier)

So if you haven't configged that, or it is low, you will have poor
performance on tier 2 file channel.

We get many mb/s using file channel, though I haven't checked the
figures out lately.

Is your flume 1.2.0 the cloudera release? Or is it the raw one? I
vaguely remember something important(to us at least) missing from it and
we just use a packaged version I maintain. 1.3.0 should be released soon
if you can wait for that, I don't see any major issues with that, or you
could even just pull the current 1.3 head and compile that.