MapReduce >> mail # user >> Folder not created using Hadoop Mapreduce code

+
unmesha sreeveni 2013-11-14, 06:27
+
rab ra 2013-11-14, 06:55
+
Amr Shahin 2013-11-14, 06:40
Re: Folder not created using Hadoop Mapreduce code
it might be creating within the user directory of the user in hdfs.

trying creating something starting with a forward slash.

Thanks,
Rahul
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Amr Shahin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you get an exception or it just fails silently ?
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM, unmesha sreeveni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I am trying to create a file with in "in" folder. but when i tried to run
>> this in cluster i noticed that this "in" folder is not within hdfs.
>>
>> why is it so?
>>
>> Any thing wrong?
>>
>> My Driver code is
>>

>>  Path in = new Path("in");
>>     Path input = new Path("in/inputfile");
>>     BufferedWriter createinput = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(fs.create(input)));
>>
>> According to this code a "in" folder and a file "inputfile" should be
>> created in working directory of cluster right?
>>
>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*
>>
>> Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
>>
>> *Junior Developer*