Hive, mail # user - INSERT non-static data to array?

+
Michael Malak 2013-06-19, 19:23
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-06-19, 20:06
+
Michael Malak 2013-06-19, 20:35
+
Michael Malak 2013-06-20, 22:11
Re: INSERT non-static data to array?
Edward Capriolo 2013-06-21, 01:15
i think you could select into as sub query and then use lateral view.not
exactly the same but something similar could be done,.

On Thursday, June 20, 2013, Michael Malak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've created
>
> to track this issue.

possible to use a subquery inside the inline_table() or array() is it?

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> CREATE TABLE table_a(a int, b int, c int[]);
>
> INSERT INTO table_a
>   SELECT a, b, ARRAY(SELECT c FROM table_c WHERE table_c.parent table_b.id)
>   FROM table_b

from a pre-existing file, to use hard-coded values in the INSERT statement,
or copy an entire array verbatim from another table?  I.e. I'm assuming
that a) SQL1999 array INSERT via subquery is not (yet) implemented in Hive,
and b) there is also no other way to load dynamically generated data into
an array<> column?  If my assumption in a) is true, does a Jira item need
to be created for it?

+
Michael Malak 2013-06-21, 01:21