Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop import Format Issue

Sqoop import Format Issue
Hallo All,

I am working with Sqoop to query from the database to for my Map/Reduce
job, the issue I am struggling with is

1) Is there a way to directly pass the Sqoop Import Result to the Map for
processing rather than storing it to file system and then processing.

If above can't be done then let me know whether,

2) I want the format of the file which is coming from the sqoop import
command  to be comma(,) separated single line file, but my output is coming
as a multi row file.
I am querying from the Database fetching a single column of some random
values, which is coming in the format,

1234
1235
1564