Chukwa, mail # dev - Incubator report due by July 4th

+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-06-29, 02:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-29, 05:44
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-06-29, 06:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-30, 06:40
Re: Incubator report due by July 4th
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-02, 03:49
We had a similar situation with a podling called Yoko.  It was related to Geronimo but it was difficult to get people interested in participating in the podling.  So, what we did was move the podling into Geronimo.

This is one option for this project.  More specifically, maybe we can move the code base into Hadoop, if they're amenable to the idea.

Other than that, I am of the strong opinion that this project has had more than enough time to get off the ground.  Lurkers, now is the time to come out of the woodwork!
Regards,
Alan

On Jun 29, 2012, at 11:40 PM, Eric Yang wrote:

> I talk to Chris in Hadoop summit, and I think there is still chance
> for Chukwa to continue.  It seems like the user base is developing, it
> was advertised by Netflix that they use Chukwa in Hadoop summit talk
> and Chukwa talked about in various presentations.  There are 46 people
> that has Chukwa skill set on linkedin as oppose to 32 from 4 month
> ago.  I think it is showing a steady pace of gaining momentum.
> Perhaps, I think we should give it more time.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Bernd Fondermann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> Report is ready for review.  Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>> The plan of retiring the podling after the next release is not mentioned.
>> Has this plan been changed?
>>
>>  Bernd
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-02, 21:14