Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845

Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845
I've verified that it's only a version issue (tested on a Ubuntu 12.04 VM)
: as long as you have 2.5.0 protoc, it works. BTW, the version check is a
little "too" strict. I had protobuf 2.5.1 (trunk) installed for 2.5 tests
and the exact check broke my build.