Pig >> mail # user >> Extremely slow when loading small amount of data from HBase

+
某因幡 2012-08-28, 06:49
Re: Extremely slow when loading small amount of data from HBase
Can you try the same scans with a regular hbase mapreduce job? If you see the same problem, it's an hbase issue. Otherwise, we need to see the script and some facts about your table (how many regions, how many rows, how big a cluster, is the small range all on one region server, etc)

On Aug 27, 2012, at 11:49 PM, 某因幡 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I load a range of data from HBase simply using row key range in
> HBaseStorageHandler, I find that the speed is acceptable when I'm
> trying to load some tens of millions rows or more, while the only map
> ends up in a timeout when it's some thousands of rows.
> What is going wrong here? Tried both Pig-0.9.2 and Pig-0.10.0.
>

> --
> language: Chinese, Japanese, English
+
某因幡 2012-09-04, 10:39