Pig, mail # user - Re: release strategy

Re: release strategy
Thejas M Nair 2011-06-10, 22:45
I think we can keep the versioning convention same and make some minor modifications in release process to make it more like a beta phase -
1. Send the announcement about new release candidate to user mailing list as well.
2. Start the voting process few (5?) days after people have started a chance to try out. Send a reminder about the start of voting after the 'few' days.

I assume, 0.9 release is going to have a jar-withouthadoop as well, which would make it easier for most users to try it out.

-Thejas