MapReduce >> mail # user >> Create Multiple VM's on Mac

Re: Create Multiple VM's on Mac
Raj & Gary,

For setting up multiple VMs on a local computer from a VM image, I
highly recommend Vagrant (http://www.vagrantup.com/).
It lets you easily create and start up multiple VMs with unique IP
addresses and host names from a single image, save/revert to named
snapshots, etc.

Ambari Quick Start Guide uses Vagrant to help the user setup a
multi-VM environment easily and quickly:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
Even if you don't plan on using Ambari for installing/managing Hadoop
clusters, the instructions in the above Wiki should help you set up
multiple VMs.

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE