HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-07-27, 21:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-28, 18:14
+
Stack 2013-07-28, 23:01
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 00:43
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 15:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 15:45
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 17:26
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-29, 17:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:50
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 01:46
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-30, 04:23
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 04:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-29, 18:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 02:02
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 03:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 04:11
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 05:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 20:55
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 21:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 22:29
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:08
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 23:53
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 22:28
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 00:39
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 03:20
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 04:11
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 04:38
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 16:55
+
Stack 2013-07-31, 17:31
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 19:04
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:19
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 20:34
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-31, 20:53
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:10
+
Stack 2013-08-03, 20:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 21:08
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-03, 21:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 22:10
+
Stack 2013-08-05, 15:31
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-05, 17:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 00:40
+
Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:58
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 20:16
+
Stack 2013-08-14, 19:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 20:26
+
Devaraj Das 2013-08-15, 01:39
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-08-15, 06:44
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Stack
>
> First I would like to thank you for the reviews and understand the
> decision.
> I would just like to highlight few facts if this does not make into 0.96
> then we may have to
> -> Handle backward compatability issues with WAL.  Currently inorder to
> retrieve tags we write a taglength thought it is 0.  This would help us to
> replay WAL with Tags.

Is there not a version in WALEdit or on the WAL file that would allow us
distinguish a WALEdit written w/ tags from one w/o?

> -> Codecs like PRefixTreeCodec needs to be working for versions without
> Tags.  Currently as PrefixTreeCodec is not out in any release these are not
> a problem for now.

Could we have two codecs, one that supports tags and another that does not?

> So to avoid these problems we can get these Tags on 0.96 release.  May be a
> few more days of time.  Is it possible?  I can try getting people for more
> reviews too.
My sense going by recent experience is that landing big patches, what w/
review cycles and then stabilization of build post commit, is that the
process always takes way more time than I expect.  You fellas are almost
there -- tags is shaping up nicely -- and you and Anoop are super receptive
and reactive to criticism so it would all likely run faster than usual but
I predict at least another week before it lands -- perhaps too weeks -- and
that is too long for a 0.96 that is already way too late.

Lets get tags into trunk. I can help after this development release and the
release candidate gets posted.  Lets then make a tags-only release on the
heels of 0.96.  As said above, tags is cause enough for a major hbase
release.

Good on you Ram,
St.Ack
+