HBase, mail # dev - Regarding contribution in HBase

+
Atri Sharma 2013-03-11, 17:25
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-11, 17:28
+
Atri Sharma 2013-03-11, 17:36
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-11, 17:51
+
Atri Sharma 2013-03-11, 17:57
Re: Regarding contribution in HBase
Stack 2013-03-11, 20:30
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Atri Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Should I look for ideas which are unassigned?

You could do that.  We have marked some issues w/ the label 'noob' for
low-hanging issues that shouldn't be too hard to get going on.

> Also, how can I identify which projects are performance related?

We have a bunch.  Should be obvious enough.  If not, just come back here
and ask and we'll get you a list.  Uou could pick your own project.  Dig in
on a particular aspect of read/write path, isolate it so its easy to run
tests, and then try to speed it up.  A nice recent example that you might
take inspiration from is the work done by Richard Liu; see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8012 for an example.  Or, take
a look at LarsH's recent HUG presentation where he is going over a few
recent speed improvements in 0.94:
http://files.meetup.com/1350427/LarsH%20-%20HUG%20presentation.pdf

St.Ack
+