Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release

+
Thomas Graves 2013-01-29, 14:29
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-01-29, 20:29
+
Jason Lowe 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-02-06, 06:41
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-02-05, 16:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-05, 15:08
+
Thomas Graves 2013-02-05, 15:04
+
Daryn Sharp 2013-02-05, 16:06
+
Mahadev Konar 2013-02-05, 16:46
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-05, 18:40
Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.6 rc1 release
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-05, 19:03
+1 (non-binding), assuming the issue I mentioned earlier about the new
warning output is not considered a blocker.

I verified checksum and signature for hadoop-0.23.6.tar.gz.  I ran a set of
Ubuntu VMs: NN, RM, 2 * DN, 2 * NM, and 2NN.  I tested multiple HDFS
interactions and MapReduce jobs.  Everything worked as expected.  The only
potential problem I noticed was that new warning output.

Thanks,
--Chris
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Chris Nauroth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm testing the RC without the native libs, and I'm seeing warning output
> to stderr on some shell commands, similar to what is reported in HDFS-4427.
>  (See example below.)  Is this a known issue for the release?
>
> Thanks,
> --Chris
>
> [cnauroth@ubuntu:pts/0] hadoop-0.23.6
>
> > bin/hadoop fs -cat /hello1
> 13/02/05 10:38:20 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
> library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> hello
>

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Mahadev Konar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for release. Ran a few sample jobs. (binding).
>>
>> mahadev
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Daryn Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > +1 (non-binding)
>> >
>> > Built from source and successfully ran jobs on a secure cluster.
>> >
>> > Daryn

>> in

>> days.

+