Hive, mail # dev - non-string partition columns

+
Namit Jain 2012-05-25, 01:49
+
Namit Jain 2012-05-25, 05:59
Re: non-string partition columns
Ashutosh Chauhan 2012-05-25, 06:21
Some discussion for this has happened on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2702 Is the underlying problem
same as the one which I described on that jira ?

Thanks,
Ashutosh

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Namit Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Should we disallow non-string partition columns completely ?
> Does anyone depend on that ?
>

> On 5/24/12 6:49 PM, "Namit Jain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1308427
> >
> >The patch above broke drop partitions if the partition happens to be
> >non-string.
> >This is due to a JDO issue with non-string columns.
> >
> >Is anyone using non-string partition columns ?
> >Should be force the partition columns to be only of type string ?
> >The documentation probably does not specify anything clearly.
> >
> >If someone is dependent on non-string partition column, we need to revert
> >this patch, or make a
> >special case for string partition columns.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-namit

+
Namit Jain 2012-05-25, 17:01