Accumulo >> mail # dev >> RAccumulo's Home (was Code import for Apache Accumulo)

Re: RAccumulo's Home (was Code import for Apache Accumulo)
If existing committers are willing to take on the project, and
maintain it and really own it (so, more than just being a proxy for
external committers), I'd be on board accepting it as a sub-project.

However, if its just going to be an orphaned project, or we're just
going to have to act as a proxy for external developers who've hosted
their code in our project as a notional parent, but aren't committers
themselves, I'm opposed to importing it and assuming ownership of it
as a sub-project, and think it would be better served hosted where the
originating developers can maintain it.

In either case, I think it's a great related project to serve both the
R and Accumulo communities, and we should link to it, provide
feedback, and help make it better if we can. I'm just concerned about
setting a precedent for accepting/hosting everything related to
Accumulo, causing us to either be spread too thin or to cause projects
to die because of lack of care.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii