Hive >> mail # user >> Trouble using mysql metastore

Re: Trouble using mysql metastore
This definitely looks like a CLASSPATH error.

Where did you get the mysql.jar from ? Can you open it up and make sure that
it includes the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver namespace ?

I am guessing the mysql.jar is not the one that you need. you can download a
new one from the mysql website.

To be clear, I don't even have a mysql jar in my /lib folder under hive. I
only have it under my hadoop /lib folder and the name of the file
is mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar

-Viral