Hive >> mail # user >> Anything wrong with this query?

+
Raihan Jamal 2012-07-11, 03:31
Re: Anything wrong with this query?
When you say
LATERAL VIEW explode(purchased_item) exploded_table as prod_and_ts
The last alias is an alias to a column; not a table. explode will only
produce one column per row; it cannot produce multiple columns. I hope
that helps.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Raihan Jamal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have this below query, whenever I try to execute it, I always get error,
> which I am not able to understand.
>
> SELECT
>    t1.buyer_id,
>    t1.item_id,
>    t1.created_time,
>    t2.product_id,
>    t2.timestamps
> FROM
>    TestingTable1 t1
>    JOIN
>    (
>    SELECT
>       user_id,
>       prod_and_ts.product_id as product_id,
>       prod_and_ts.timestamps as timestamps
>    FROM
>       TestingTable2
>       LATERAL VIEW explode(purchased_item) exploded_table as prod_and_ts
>    ) t2
>    ON(t1.buyer_id = t2.user_id)
> WHERE
>    (t1.item_id <> t2.product_id)
>    OR (unix_timestamp(t1.created_time) <> t2.timestamps);
>

> I always get error as-
>
> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: line 13:6 Invalid Table Alias or Column
> Reference prod_and_ts
>

> Raihan Jamal

+
Raihan Jamal 2012-07-13, 16:06