HBase >> mail # dev >> stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

+
Ted Yu 2012-09-12, 22:47
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-12, 22:56
+
Ted Yu 2012-09-12, 23:00
Re: stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Let's consider the following scenario in chronological order:
> 0.92.x is released
> 0.94.y is released
> 0.92.x+1 is released
>
> Would the stable symlink point alternately to each of the releases as
> they're available ?

That would really not work and I'm sure you can think of a few reasons
why (like people jumping from 0.94 to 0.92 to 0.94).

> Or should we have two symlinks, one for 0.92 branch, one for 0.94 branch ?

Why.

J-D
+
Ted Yu 2012-09-12, 23:30