Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.6.0 Feature Freeze

Re: 1.6.0 Feature Freeze
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm fine with the idea of what you're proposing. I'll hold off on an
> > actual vote until the details are resolved (Christopher's and Sean's
> >

> Also, if we re-do calling the vote, I'd ask that we name John Vines the
> release manager[1] for 1.6.0 as a part of it. Our release guide[2] doesn't
> state when we determine the release manager, but I think it makes sense to
> do by the time of declaring a feature freeze (and I'd really prefer we do
> it when road-mapping a major version).

Sure, that's fine by me. I don't mind doing this for other releases, but
it's a bit new to me. Next time I won't wait for a week before to start
culling tickets.

> Also, one nit: the subject for the vote should include the [VOTE] marker
> for the benefit of less-active list members.

Once we get some more responses to Sean's and Chris's comments (like Josh)
I'll issue the ACTUAL vote. I'll try to remember this from here on as well.