Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: AccumuloToken

+
John Vines 2013-01-28, 19:52
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 15:18
+
John Vines 2013-01-28, 17:13
Re: AccumuloToken
Inline
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I forgot, but agree that we should try to keep
> thrift out of the client api. I'm refactoring it now to keep cruft of the
> client end.

Thanks.
> I can rename it to SecurityToken as part of the refactoring.

Great.
> We need to keep the AuthInfo floating around for API compatibility. As much
> as I would love to kill them with fire, this kills api compatibility
> between versions.

Feel free to sprinkle warning suppression annotations

> The security class is not specified by the remote caller, it's instantiated
> from the configuration xml files. All the client does is provide a token
> and it's up to the implementation to accept/reject it. I simply provided a
> mechanism for the client to get a hint as to what type of token is
> expected.

I beg to differ.  Please see TokenHelper.fromBytes appears to be using
deserialized information directly to load a class.
> However, with the last
> minute of the proxy, I'm afraid I do not have the time or knowledge of the
> proxy to get that support in for 1.5.

Keith had an idea.  I'll add a authenticate method that will return a
token.  The proxy methods will all take tokens.

-Eric
+
Christopher 2013-01-28, 20:14
+