Hive >> mail # user >> Templeton create table with custom inputformat

Templeton create table with custom inputformat
Hi,

(I'm a little bit behind in reading the lists, so apologies if this is a duplicate question.)

I am running Templeton v1 (?) and HCatalog 0.5.0 with hive 0.11.0 over Hadoop 1.0.4.

I can use something like this:

curl -s -X PUT -HContent-type:application/json -d @createtable.json http://hpcluster1:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database/default/table/ordinals?user.name=pmarron

to successfully create a Hive table in my metastore. Where the file createtable.json looks like this:

{ "external":true,
  "columns" :  [
        { "name": "english", "type": "string" },
        { "name": "number", "type": "string" },
        { "name": "italian", "type": "string" }
    ],
  "format": {
      "storedAs" : "rcfile"
      "rowFormat": { "fieldsTerminatedBy": ","  }
    }
}

Now, I can change the "storedAs" argument to be "rcfile", "sequencefile", "textfile" or "orc" and they all work.
However I can't work out any syntax which allows me to create a table with a custom InputFormat.
Is there some way to create a table over the Templeton RESTful interface with  a custom InputFormat?

Also I can't find the source code where this JSON is parsed, is it shipped with the Hive 11 source?
If so can someone tell me where?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Peter Marron 2013-08-02, 09:08