Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0

+
Daryn Sharp 2013-10-07, 15:28
+
Jean-Baptiste Onofré 2013-10-07, 07:02
+
Steve Loughran 2013-10-07, 17:03
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-10-07, 18:22
+
Yesha Vora 2013-10-07, 22:13
+
Luke Lu 2013-10-09, 23:51
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-10-14, 18:05
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-10-14, 19:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2013-10-16, 04:45
+
Mathias Herberts 2013-10-16, 07:04
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Congrats!

The current document (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/) is now
hadoop-2.1.0-beta. I want someone to update.

thanks,
Akira

(2013/10/15 21:35), Arun C Murthy wrote:
> With 31 +1s (15 binding) and no -1s the vote passes.
>
> Congratulations to all, Hadoop 2 is now GA!
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get released - this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should ensure they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.
>>
>> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
>> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the symlinks-related issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.
>>

>> --
>> Arun C. Murthy
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/