HBase >> mail # dev >> Omid: Transactional Support for HBase

Omid: Transactional Support for HBase
(I apologize for resending but I forgot to add the user list.)

Hi all,

It is my pleasure to announce the open source release of Omid, a project whose goal is to add lock-free transactional support on top of HBase. The current release includes CrSO, a client-replicated status oracle that detects the write-write conflicts to provide Snapshot Isolation. CrSO has the following appealing properties:

1) It does not need any modification into the HBase code nor the table scheme.
2) The overhead on HBase DataNodes is negligible (only after an abort)
3) It scales up to 50,000 write transactions per second (TPS) and a thousand of client connections.

We have setup a github project: https://github.com/dgomezferro/omid

More information is available at the wiki: https://github.com/dgomezferro/omid/wiki

If you are interested, installation and running instructions are available on the README: https://github.com/dgomezferro/omid/blob/master/README.md

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the case of any question.

Best Regards,
Daniel Gómez Ferro