Flume >> mail # dev >> RESOLVED vs CLOSED

RESOLVED vs CLOSED
Team,

I have noticed some issues are in RESOLVED state and others are in CLOSED
state.

I wanted to find out when we can use RESOLVED and when we can used CLOSED
for the status of an issue.

For instance, some issues have been marked as resolved for 12 months or
longer.

A quick lookup on these JIRA statuses suggest that:

*RESOLVED*
Implies that a resolution has been taken, and it is awaiting verification
by reporter. From here issues are either reopened, or are closed.

*CLOSED*
Implies that the issue is considered finished, the resolution is correct.
Issues which are closed can be reopened.

I think we should go over some of the issues that are marked as RESOLVED to
see if thier status should be set to CLOSED.

Here are some 800+ issues in RESOLVED state

http://bit.ly/XYZ3Vz

It looks like RESOLVED is not the final state these issue should be. If the
reporter believes that the issue has been addressed satisfactorily, it
should be marked as CLOSED.

Any thoughts?
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-04-04, 03:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-04-04, 08:23
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-04-04, 08:45
+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-06, 12:23
+
Juhani Connolly 2013-04-04, 04:01