Pig >> mail # dev >> How Logical Plan Generator works?

Re: How Logical Plan Generator works?
See initial sections in
http://infolab.stanford.edu/~olston/publications/vldb09.pdf for overview
of logical plan.

LogicalPlanGenerator.g is a the place where logical plan is created from
parse tree. You would need to look at antlr basics to understand that.

(almost?) all pig relational operations correspond to a subclass of
LogicalRelationalOperator in org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.relational
package. Expressions within a relation are subclasses of
LogicalExpressionOperator.
This document talks about motivations behind the logical plan redesign
and about some special operations like LOInnerLoad, and special handling
for foreach operator.

http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigLogicalPlanOptimizerRewrite

-Thejas