MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-04, 15:32
+
Ramya Sunil 2013-06-10, 16:35
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-10, 11:49
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-05, 18:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-06, 11:48
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 16:53
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-16, 12:33
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-16, 20:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-16, 23:50
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-16, 19:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-16, 12:41
Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

On Jun 15, 2013, at 8:19 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:

> Of the JIRAs in my laundry list for 2.1 the ones I would really want in are
> YARN-752, MAPREDUCE-5171 & YARN-787.

I agree YARN-787 needs to go in ASAP & is a blocker - I'm looking at it right now.

I'm ok with YARN-752 & MAPREDUCE-5171 going in, but don't consider either a blocker.

Suresh - will HDFS-4777 go in soon too?

Vinod - How about YARN-386?

thanks,
Arun

> Thx
>

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Following is a revisited assessment of JIRAs I would like to get in the
>> 2.1 release:
>>
>> From the 1st group I think all 3 should make.
>>
>> From the 2nd group I think YARN-791 should make it for sure and ideally
>> MAPREDUCE-5130.
>>
>> From the 3rd group, I don't think this JIRA will make it.
>>
>> From the 4th group, we don't need to worry about this or 2.1
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Alejandro

>> JIRAs that are in shape to make it to 2.1
>>
>> * YARN-752: In AMRMClient, automatically add corresponding rack requests
>> for requested nodes
>>
>> impact: behavior change
>>
>> status: patch avail, +1ed.
>>
>> * MAPREDUCE-5171: Expose blacklisted nodes from the MR AM REST API
>>
>> impact: Addition to MRAM HTTP API
>>
>> status: patch avail, +1ed, needs to be committed
>>
>> * YARN-787: Remove resource min from Yarn client API
>>
>> impact: Yarn client API change
>>
>> status: patch avail, needs to be reviewed. (the calculation of slot-millis
>> is not affected, the MIN is taken from conf for now)

>> JIRAs that require minor work to make it to 2.1
>>
>> * YARN-521: Augment AM - RM client module to be able to request containers
>> only at specific locations
>>
>> impact: AMRM client API change
>>
>> status: patch not avail yet (requires YARN-752)
>>
>> * YARN-791: Ensure that RM RPC APIs that return nodes are consistent with
>> /nodes REST API
>>
>> impact: Yarn client API & proto change
>>
>> status: patch avail, review in progress
>>
>> * MAPREDUCE-5130: Add missing job config options to mapred-default.xml
>>
>> impact: behavior change
>>
>> status: patch avail but some tests are failing

>> JIRAs that require significant work to make it to 2.1 and may not make it
>>
>> * YARN-649: Make container logs available over HTTP in plain text
>>
>> impact: Addition to NM HTTP REST API. Needed for MAPREDUCE-4362 (which
>> does not change API)
>>
>> status: patch avail, review in progress

>> JIRAs that don't need to make it to 2.1
>>
>> * MAPREDUCE-5311: Remove slot millis computation logic and deprecate
>> counter constants
>>
>> impact: behavior change
>>
>> status: per discussion we should first add memory-millis and vcores-millis

>> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> battery

>>> Blocker priority to catch attention.
>>>
>>> The build is up and running (and all green on all of the 9 Linux
>>> platforms!):
>>>    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Hadoop-2.1.0/
>>>
>>> The immediate benefit here is that we get to see that the
>>> build is ok on all these Linuxes and all anybody can easily

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/
+