Normal Hadoop job submission process involves:
1. Checking the input and output specifications of the job.
2. Computing the
for the job.
3. Setup the requisite accounting information for the
the job, if necessary.
4. Copying the job's jar and configuration to the map-reduce system
directory on the distributed file-system.
5. Submitting the job to the JobTracker and optionally monitoring it's
I have a doubt in 4th point of job execution flow could any of you explain
- What is job's jar?
- Is it job's jar is the one we submitted to hadoop or hadoop will build
based on the job configuration object?