Zookeeper, mail # user - Dynamic addition of server to a running cluster

Re: Dynamic addition of server to a running cluster
Alexander Shraer 2011-07-06, 00:55
Hi Paul,

There's currently no automated way toadd/remove servers. This is ZK-107.
I'm currently implementing this feature, but it will take some time till its in. In the meanwhile there is a "rolling restart" method people use, that someone else (Ted?) would explain better than me. The procedure you describe doesnt work - it doesnt affect the quorums usedinternally  by ZK which are determined when a server first starts and also keep in mind that servers can reboot and go back to using the old config file when restarted.

Alex
Sent from mobile