Hive >> mail # user >> hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification

+
Павел Мезенцев 2012-11-15, 08:14
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-11-15, 10:03
Re: hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification
Thank you for right idea.
It is very strange, but normally executed query looks like:

INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2 PARTITION (author)
SELECT text*, author* FROM (SELECT text, 'Tolstoy' AS author FROM table1)
tmp;

Best regards
Mezentsev Pavel

2012/11/15 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> when you add data to a partitioned table the partition column name in
> insert statement should match the table definition
>
> so try changing your insert query to "INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2
> PARTITION (author)"
> where author is the column in your table definition
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin
>

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Павел Мезенцев <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hello all!
>>
>> I have a problem with dynamic partitions in hive 0.7.1.
>>
>> For example I have 2 tables:
>>
>> CREATE TABLE table1 (text STRING);
>> CREATE TABLE table2 (text STRING) PARTITIONED BY (author STRING);
>>
>> And make insert into dynamic partition from table1 to table2
>> SET hive.exec.dynamic.partition = true;
>> SET hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode = nonstrict;
>>
>> Query
>> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2 PARTITION (author)
>> SELECT text FROM (SELECT text, 'Tolstoy' AS author FROM table1) tmp;
>>
>> failes with error:
>> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Line 1:23 Cannot insert into target
>> table because column number/types are different author: Table insclause-0
>> has 2 columns, but query has 1 columns.
>>

>> Query:
>> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2 PARTITION (new_author)
>> SELECT text FROM (SELECT text, 'Tolstoy' AS new_author FROM table1) tmp;
>>
>> failes with error:
>> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Non-Partition column appears in the
>> partition specification:  new_author
>>

>> What is happen? Is there any workaround for this problem?
>>
>> I know that I can use static partition author = 'Tolsoy', but my real
>> query is more complex and dynamic partition calculates from several input
>> fields.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Mezentsev Pavel
>> Moscow.