HDFS >> mail # user >> How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?

+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 18:33
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-05, 18:59
Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
Hi Anton,

Can you try to add something like:
your.local.ip.address    yourhostname

into your hosts file?

Like:
192.168.1.2          masterserver

2013/3/5 anton ashanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am trying to run all Hadoop servers on a single Ubuntu localhost. All
> ports are open and my /etc/hosts file is
>
> 127.0.0.1   frigate frigate.domain.local    localhost
> ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
>
> When trying to install cluster Cloudera manager fails with the following
> messages:
>
> "Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent".
>
> I run my Ubuntu-12.04 host from home connected by WiFi/dialup modem to my
> provider. What configuration is missing?
>
> Thanks!
+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 18:57
+