Kafka >> mail # user >> Shutdown/Ctrl-C and ConsumerRebalanceFailedException

Re: Shutdown/Ctrl-C and ConsumerRebalanceFailedException
On 03/25/2012 10:08 PM, Neha Narkhede wrote:
> If the consumer is shutdown, cleanly or not, zookeeper deletes the
> ephemeral nodes from its database.
> (unless you are using zk 3.3.3)

Right but only after the timeout. I'm suggesting (and sorry if I'm
confusing by thinking we already did this) that we explicitly delete on
on clean shutdown so we don't force a n second service disruption on
every restart.