MapReduce >> mail # dev >> JobConf and MiniMapRedCluster

+
Jay Vyas 2013-04-17, 18:06
+
Harsh J 2013-04-18, 04:49
Re: JobConf and MiniMapRedCluster
Only one response, inline below... Certainly I will file a JIRA and some updates if this makes sense :)....

Would love to bring the minimrcluster class up to date!

On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:49 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why do you imagine a test case would need the Configured and Tool
> interfaces, which are more useful for actual client apps?

Because - the JobConf is deprecated --- then shouldn't the classes which depend upon it be update to use the Configured interface?
> Or did you mean these should support running Tool apps?
>
>> Any plans to update this or should file a JIRA?
>
> No plans as far as I'm aware; please do file a JIRA with a patch if
> this makes sense to improve. Also do check out trunk first.
>
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi guys:
>>
>> the MiniMapRedCluster seems like a very useful tool which I just discovered
>> in this blog post :
>>
>> http://grepalex.com/2012/10/20/hadoop-unit-testing-with-minimrcluster/
>>
>> But it looks like MiniMapRedCluster
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-1.0.3/src/test/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/ClusterMapReduceTestCase.java?view=co
>>
>> is still using JobConf instead of the Configured/Tool interface.
>>
>> Any plans to update this or should file a JIRA?
>>
>> --
>> Jay Vyas
>> http://jayunit100.blogspot.com
>

> --