Accumulo, mail # dev - Rebalance table over all tablet servers

Re: Rebalance table over all tablet servers
John Vines 2013-09-16, 21:01
Wait, are you trying to balance out your tablets over your tablet servers
or your data over your tablets?

If the former, my aforementioned suggestion should help. If the latter,
it's more complicated.

When you create a table, it's default one tablet, or more if you supply
split points. As you ingest, once the size on disk of a tablet exceeds the
split threshold, it divides in half as evenly as it can. It will not divide
mid-row though. So if you have a few giant tablets and a lot of tiny
tablets, this is most likely due to high cardinality rows. The only real
thing you can deal with there is to change your key format and reingest.