HBase >> mail # user >> Just joined the user group and have a question

+
Chalcy Raja 2013-01-17, 17:24
+
Doug Meil 2013-01-17, 17:34
Re: Just joined the user group and have a question
Hi Chalcy,

In addition to points others have made. Also have a look at your Disk I/O
load. Mapreduce jobs are disk i/o intensive. When a MapReduce job is
running there might be a contention for Disk i/o. Contention in Disk i/o
might lead to request timeouts in HBase. Hence, you will start having
trouble with HBase cluster.
It's little to tricky to get HBase and MapReduce going on the same cluster
due to the completely different nature of MapReduce and HBase. Former is
batch processing and latter is near real-time processing. If you happen to
run them on one cluster then you will have to sacrifice the performance of
any one of them. Both of them cannot be optimized.

HTH,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,