Pig >> mail # user >> Best Practice: LOAD returns null

Re: Best Practice: LOAD returns null
Typically, file pattern globing is very strict and LOADs fail if not all
glob variants are met. This makes sense when you think that someone might
pass a glob path with each of the 24 hours in a day. If one of those hours
doesn't exist you want the LOAD to fail.

thanks,
Bill
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Markus Resch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have a new question about how to handle a very common issue the best:
> We have a LOAD statement loading AVRO files using globbing by a given
> regex. By some wired reason this might return null as there is no file
> matching the regex.
> There are two thinkable cases where this can happen:
> On purpose: There is no data gathered in this e.g. time frame.
> On error: some nasty guy deleted a very important look up table for my
> join. Great hint the stuff with the replicated join, btw :).
>

> Do you have any suggestion about how to handle this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Markus

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*