HBase, mail # user - Re: Get on a row with multiple columns

Re: Get on a row with multiple columns
Varun Sharma 2013-02-09, 05:22
Sorry, I was a little unclear with my question.

Lets say you have

Get get = new Get(row)
get.addColumn("1");
get.addColumn("2");
.
.
.

When internally hbase executes the batch get, it will seek to column "1",
now since data is lexicographically sorted, it does not need to seek from
the beginning to get to "2", it can continue seeking, henceforth since
column "2" will always be after column "1". I want to know whether this is
how a multicolumn get on a row works or not.

Thanks
Varun