Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Do we support contatenated/splittable bzip2 files in branch-1?

+
Yu Li 2012-12-03, 09:49
Re: Do we support contatenated/splittable bzip2 files in branch-1?
Hi Yu Li,

The JIRA HADOOP-7823 backported support for splitting Bzip2 files plus
MR support for it, into branch-1, and it is already available in the
1.1.x releases out currently.

Concatenated Bzip2 files, i.e., HADOOP-7386, is not implemented yet
(AFAIK), but Chris over HADOOP-6335 suggests that HADOOP-4012 may have
fixed it - so can you try and report back?

--
Harsh J
+