Hadoop, mail # dev - [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 19:15
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-23, 23:40
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-24, 21:26
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-24, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-21, 19:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 20:46
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:33
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 20:00
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-21, 21:14
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-21, 21:50
+
Andy Isaacson 2012-11-21, 23:00
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:58
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-22, 09:21
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-22, 01:46
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 01:57
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-21, 21:03
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 21:30
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-21, 21:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-21, 23:15
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-22, 00:14
Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 01:55
Dne 22.11.2012 1:14, Chris Nauroth napsal(a):
> The trickiest maintenance issue is hadoop-hdfs-httpfs, where we unpack and repack a Tomcat.
why its not possible to just ship WAR file? Its seems to be special
purpose app and they needs hand security setup anyway and intergration
with existing firewall/web infrastructure.

did you considered to use Jetty? it has really good maven support:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_Maven_Plugin
I am using jetty 8 instead of tomcat and run it with java -jar start.jar
no extra file permissions like x bit are needed.

If you really need to create tar by hand, there is java library for
doing it - http://code.google.com/p/jtar/ and it can be used from any
JVM based script language, you have plenty of choices.
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-22, 02:40
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-22, 14:54