Hive, mail # user - Re: cannot start the thrift server

Re: cannot start the thrift server
Jagat Singh 2012-04-10, 14:28
Hi Can you do

#netstat -nl | grep 10000

 Hive is compatible with 0.20.2 series , not with 1.x series of Hadoop

 If you start Hive server with Hadoop 0.20 it would work
----- Original Message -----
From: ylyy-1985
Sent: 04/10/12 08:33 AM
To: user
Subject: cannot start the thrift server

hi all,

I do feel frustrated when starting the thrift server. I tried different version of hadoop(1.0.1 and 0.20.2), but when I tried 'hive --service hiveserver', the server hung there and printed the following info:

[root@localhost hive]# hive --service hiveserver
 Starting Hive Thrift Server
 12/04/10 20:22:50 INFO service.HiveServer: Starting hive server on port 10000

and I wait long but nothing happened. pls help, I just want to start the server and use jdbc to connect to hive.

thanks in advanced.

2012-04-10

Andes
+