HBase >> mail # user >> Where to run Thrift

+
Eric 2012-07-31, 11:32
+
syed kather 2012-07-31, 14:34
+
Stack 2012-07-31, 21:22
+
Trung Pham 2012-08-01, 07:31
+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-02, 04:19
Re: Where to run Thrift
Lars,
Thanks for the pointer, its indeed interesting way. Two follow up questions
 :

   1. Author states "Rather than a separate process, it can be *advantageous
   * in some situations for each RegionServer to embed their own
   ThriftServer" , do you happen to have insights on what are
   those situations?
   2. Could there be a situation / application_use_case where HBASE-4460
   prove to be unfavorable to an extent where it impacts region server's
   performance?
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a little documented feature that Jonathan Gray added a while
> back: Running a thrift server as a thread as part of each region server.
> This is enabled by settting hbase.regionserver.export.thrift to true in
> your configuration.
>
> While I have not personally tried it, it looks like a fairly lightweight
> approach and does not add to the monitoring overhead.
>
> This is the jira: HBASE-4460. This is only available in 0.94+ (0.94.1
> should be out soon).
>

> -- Lars

+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-02, 05:55