HBase, mail # user - Where to run Thrift

Re: Where to run Thrift
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-08-02, 05:39
Lars,
Thanks for the pointer, its indeed interesting way. Two follow up questions
 :

   1. Author states "Rather than a separate process, it can be *advantageous
   * in some situations for each RegionServer to embed their own
   ThriftServer" , do you happen to have insights on what are
   those situations?
   2. Could there be a situation / application_use_case where HBASE-4460
   prove to be unfavorable to an extent where it impacts region server's
   performance?