HBase >> mail # user >> How often should we reboot hbase cluster---looking for best practice

Re: How often should we reboot hbase cluster---looking for best practice
Richard,

Good to know. Could you also comment on how different your internal
tool is from the new HBCK
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5128 as Ted pointed out
earlier)?

Would also be good if you can share your logs with us for the latter
"every week" cases.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Xu, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Overlapping regions (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4238) do not show up very often. We know that it is fixed after 0.90.5, but instead of upgrading the production hbase cluster, we have an internal tool (call Hbase APIs) to fix it.
>
> Regions out of sync (between META and HDFS) and Inactive regions appear more often --- we can see them every week; again, our internal tool handles these cases as well.

Harsh J