Pig, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib

+
Alan Gates 2012-10-31, 21:54
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-11-01, 00:36
+
Bill Graham 2012-11-01, 04:52
Re: [DISCUSS] Remove Penny from contrib
Russell Jurney 2012-11-01, 05:01
I'll be the +1 :)

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

On Nov 1, 2012, at 12:53 AM, Bill Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Cheolsoo Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> +1. I agree.
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I propose we remove Penny from contrib.  Currently it does not compile in
>>> trunk.  Looking through the commit logs no significant work has been done
>>> on it since it was initially committed.  There are 3 open JIRAs that
>>> reference it (
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PIG+AND+%28summary+%7E+penny+OR+description+%7E+penny%29+AND+status+%3D+Open).
>> At this point I do not think anyone is using it or maintaining it.
>>>
>>> If someone is interested in moving this piece forward I would propose we
>>> move it to Apache Extras or something similar.
>>>
>>> Alan.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-11-01, 17:07
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-11-01, 17:59
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-11-02, 00:05